Our educational beliefs
Dynamy Internship Year has changed the lives of students since 1969 for a reason: it is built with powerful and sound educational beliefs that provide it with a strong foundation.
Staff and students alike are attracted to its unique experiential elements, thoughtful curriculum, and supportive culture.
In brief, these beliefs include that:
- Education is a process of unleashing and strengthening, not filling.
- Education segregates young people too much from the real world.
- The real world (and its real outcomes) is the best teacher.
- Each of us has strengths as a learner to build from.
- Reflection on learning experiences embeds the lessons more deeply.
- The skills we need to navigate life successfully are the same to navigate higher education.
- We are each our best selves in relation to others.
- We learn from both our successes and failures.
- We are more capable than we know.
- Respect is the foundation in building a positive mentoring relationship.